Thursday, April 27, 2006

Kinkos

What a bunch of retards. I go in this AM, needing to print 8 pdf files (1 page each) on nice paper, in color. 8 lousy pages. So I'm sitting there waiting. I can see that the copy people see me, but they don't come up to ask - "How can I help you?" I'm literally standing there and they're ignoring me. "The fuck?" I'm thinking. So I go to the information service lady and say, I need to print out these 8 pages.

She tells me to go wait where I was waiting and someone would be with me. I said, I've been doing that, and no one has helped me.

I go back. Wait a few more minutes. Finally, the lady at information service comes over to "help" me. Once she starts trying set up an order, the assistant manager comes over - the same one who ignored me earlier, to help her set up the order.

I say, it's real simple - I just need 8 print outs of the pdf files. She informs me that opening a file costs $1.50 each after the first three. That's $7.50 for double clicking a couple of files. I tell her that's ridiculous, I called yesterday and they told me to make pdfs. I could have made it a single document had I known.

She shrugs her shoulders. I have no time to make the changes. This is at 8:30am.

They debate between themselves whether the order will be ready at 12:30pm or at 3pm. This is to print 8 pages. It requires double clicking a document and loading cardstock into a printer.

I try not to be an asshole. What good will it do. They print out the order slip. Over $20. For 8 pages. It'll be ready at 12:30pm. What a bunch of retards.

No comments: