Monday, April 17, 2006

Not Into MySpace, But...

I cannot explain my deep love for blogging versus my deep contempt for MySpace and Friendster. It makes no logical sense, I know.

But here is a service a friend told me about, DodgeBall that is popular in NYC and supposedly catching on in other cities. The idea is that you text out info to a network, like a MySpace network, letting people know where you are going to be. Likewise, you can check in on your network and see where others are going to be, all on the cell phone.

For instance, I want to go to the Little Joy tonight and would like people to join, so I just send out a little message. Anyone who is interested in going out, checks in on their friends and sees I'm going to the Little Joy. Then they head over to the Short Stop. HA. Just kidding. That's what's called SELF DEPRECATION.

It sounds like a good idea to me. I always thought the manufactured run-in (which was common at my small college, since there were only so many places people could be) was a great way to meet and hang with chicas.

No comments: