Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Starbucks

I'm not in a position to judge the situation, but as I writer, I am in a position to speculate.

If I were one of the two dudes who got asked by an employee to either buy something or leave, I would've bought something. I go to coffee shops all the time and overpay for shit for the right to hang out there. It's sort of the deal. Coffee costs $2. Once the employees asked multiple times, I would've left, since if I got this far, I must've REALLY not wanted anything. By the time the police came, I would've definitely left before getting arrested because I'm not stupid. (Yes, it's stupid and self destructive to get arrested over this.)

If I were the manager or a store employee and two guys are sitting in Starbucks not ordering something, I would probably not call the cops on them. I'd just let it go unless this was an ongoing problem that was hurting business. And don't rule this possibility out - my local Starbucks, on occasion, is a bit homeless heavy. Let's be honest - that's not a pleasant vibe. I'd go elsewhere.

No comments: