Friday, April 20, 2018

Phillip Glass

A good read.
In those days you could work three days a week, maybe four sometimes, and you could live on that. It was the quickest and easiest way to make an honest living. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I didn’t have to teach any classes anywhere. I just drove the car and I got paid. I liked that. I had my independence, which was very important to me. But also, it didn’t take much time. 
But, look, the thing to remember is that life was financially much easier. Actually, for the young people trying to make a living today, part-time, it’s almost impossible.
When the history is written of this era, I think the thing people will notice are not the hysteria surrounding racial or gender injustices, but the cultural logic of careerism and what it is doing to the family and culture. People work to hard for too little and spend their time self medicating through drugs or entertainment or facebook.

Notice even the "radicals" accept this logic. All the radical feminists, etc, really just want more money and better jobs.

No comments: