Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Dancing

I don't go dancing very often because a) it is stupid and b) I am old. But this past weekend, since it was a college reunion and we were generally letting loose, I found myself out on the dance floor again. Partially because I'm not a hugely enthusiastic dancer and partially because of my torn ACL, I was more than happy to keep it mellow and not create too much of a dancing ruckus.

I was out of place. I don't know what happened over the past 10 years, but the dancing has gotten CRAZY. The level of grinding has risen three notches. Back in the day, a little freaking and close, sexy dancing was normal and suggested perhaps the possibility of something else. Today, college girls just grind their asses straight into random dudes and just go around rubbing up against one dude after another. I swear, these kids were basically dry humping on the dance floor. I did a little research and made some inquiries and it turns out this is the new norm. I can't tell whether I wish I was 21 again or am glad I don't have an STD.

No comments: