Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Tame ones, but resolutions nonetheless -

1. Eat Smaller Portions. This isn't about losing weight. It is about bad habits developing over time. I can best put it this way - when I go to Bay Cities there is a temptation to get a large sandwich. It is 33% bigger and generally costs only about 20% more. It is a good deal, I rationalize. But you know what happens when I buy a large? I eat the whole thing. And I feel a little gross afterward. You know what happens when I order a small sandwich? I'm still totally full afterward and don't feel like a pig. The lesson - get a small sandwich. I save 20% in money and don't feel gross. Win/win. And apply it across the board.

2. Cook More Often. It requires a little more work, a little more planning, and I'm not sure whether you end up saving money or not. But I think it is healthier and in some ways, more fun. Also, cooking more will improve my cooking skills.

No comments: