Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just Weird

Last night after a soccer game I was driving home down Rose and this little one-light scooter was riding really close behind me. I kept looking back because the light was annoying me in my rearview. I yelled out to myself, "Get off my ass!"

I get to Lincoln and am making a right. The scooter pulls up going straight, so it's right next to me. I look over. An innocent enough looking girl. Riding a Vespa. With a helmet. I'm thinking, "You drive too close, lady, gonna get smashed one day." She looks back at me, probably thinking, "You drive too slow, pussy."

So I turn right and head home. And then, a half minute later, I notice the little blinking single light behind me again. WTF. Riding too close. You were going straight, I thought. Now, I'm like, "Get off my ass, bitch!"

I turn left into Raymond - to my home and then what happens? She turns left! I pull over. Now I'm thinking - did I drop something? Is this girl going to stab me? But she pulls past and drives along Raymond up the hill. I sit in my car looking up the hill, half expecting the little light to come back down. But it doesn't. So what do I do? I drive around the corner and park in a different spot. I don't want this girl keying my car. Call me paranoid.

This is LA.

No comments: