Friday, June 05, 2009

Facebook!!!

One of my few fellow facebook holdouts caved the other day because she discovered she was missing social activities and knowledge by not participating on the online social networking site. She would run into old friends and be like "Oh, did you hear so-and-so got engaged?" And get the response, "Ya. I've known for two weeks, it's on facebook." Or she would run into a friend who would say, "Oh, we missed you at so-and-so's party." And she'd say "What party?" "Oh, it was on facebook."

And so she caved and joined to be a part of the online stalking community.

Well, something similar happened to me yesterday when Phil said "Are you going to so-and-so's crawfish boil?"

I was out of the loop.

However, unlike my week willed friend, I will not cave to vicissitudes of social gatherings. I will sit in my apartment and drink wine and listen to records and read books and the rest of the world can play with their status updates all they want. Will I turn into the unibomber? I hope not.

No comments: