Monday, March 16, 2009

Ugh

This sounds positively awful. Perhaps due to the "close-to-home" factor.

I left a job in journalism last year to focus on my own personal writing. As 2008 wore on, I found it harder and harder to find work until finally the money completely dried up. My wife's salary is small but just enough to keep us chugging along (as we have no kids), but it certainly led to plenty of strain between us. In the fall, I accepted an offer to go and work for the Obama campaign in a state halfway across the country. While I was away, my wife cheated on me.


The rest of the piece goes on to talk about how they decided to stick together, are working things out and discovered new, beautiful things about their relationship they didn't previously.

(cough, cough) Bullshit. Dude - your wife cheated on you and there are no kids in the equation. Kick her ass to the curb. And get your shit together - don't do your "personal" writing on someone else's coin - people tend to resent that.

Sorry, I know it's mean, but come off it.

No comments: