Friday, March 06, 2009

Ouch

I'll just cut and paste:

This is pretty much in the same vein as all of the appointees of President Obama who were very much for increased taxes and government spending, yet somehow managed to underpay their own taxes. Somehow, according to Mr Taylor, it’s just plain wrong for people who advocate lower tax rates to try to find legal methods to avoid higher taxes, but there’s nothing particularly noteworthy about people who advocate higher taxes, for the good of the country, don’t you know, illegally failing to pay all of their taxes.


Do as I say, not as I do.

Side note - in most tax discussions people seem to be in favor of taxing other people more.

I have a suggestion - make it possible to voluntarily pay more taxes and whatever rate you think is appropriate above and beyond your current rate. I'd like to see how many folks contribute. And should one have to contribute if they advocate higher taxes for others? Just an idea...

No comments: