Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Playing For Time

Intertwined with a love letter to Obama is a theory about the government's strategy in dealing with the economic crisis: it is playing for time.

I suppose this is the only strategy we can take towards the crisis at this point. Of course, this is the same strategy a degenerate gambler takes toward his bookie...

On the Obama-gush, two quotes:

"Obama, cool as a cucumber, playing his game, five steps ahead, setting up moves that won't come to fruition for months or years, while his opposition flails at the thin air where he used to be. I love it."

"I cannot say as much myself. For me, the future is still murky and unforeseen crises unknowable. But I've learned not to under-estimate the man."


I would like to forewarn Obama. All these people who project mythical abilities onto you and put all their hopes and trust into you...and think you alone will be the savior of this economic crisis (as if it was about one man) are the people you ought to worry about. Because they will feel betrayed and act vicious when you prove yourself to be...gasp...a human being who makes mistakes. They are the future stalkers and Robert Ford's...

No comments: