Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Oh No!

Yesterday I went to run my weekly mile and Sanmohi was repaving their track. I did a run anyway, but it wasn't the same. Not nearly. I guess I'm involuntarily taking a week break and will check back next week. Otherwise, I might need to find a new track.

In other news, I somehow made an excellent dinner this evening. The Caesar salad was near perfect. Somehow I nailed the dressing mix. The keys to excellent Caeser:

1. Fresh romaine
2. Homemade croutons from sourdough bread (fry in pan w/ garlic olive oil *secret involved)
3. Simple Caeser dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, worcester, egg yolk (partially boiled), salt and pepper.

Good way to cook a big steak:

1. Salt and Pepper both sides
2. Sear in pan both sides for a few minutes to trap in juices
3. Throw in oven for 3-4 minutes of broil both sides

The result: a nice even cook through. Definitely beware of cooking too long.

4 comments:

xharlene said...

my new thing is adding paprika to the mix!

Greg said...

to the steak or caesar?

xharlene said...

steak. try it!!

xharlene said...

put a nice layer on it...