Monday, February 09, 2009

It Can Always Get Worse

You've heard a lot of people say it lately - well, it can't get worse. It was a popular mantra during the election that America couldn't be worse than it was under George Bush. I myself used this type of thinking when analyzing how our invasion of Iraq would affect the region. In my initial analysis, I figured the middle east couldn't get much worse.

One thing I learned over the past 8 years: it can always get worse. An article about a rising ultra-right wing candidate in Israel gaining popularity.

See the international community thinks hammering down on Israel will get the country to make concessions to the Palestinians. But there is another possibility - keep hammering unfairly - and you'll get a sister ideology to Hamas. Yes, it can get worse in the Holy Land.

No comments: