Friday, August 08, 2008

Genius

The Japanese are crazy geniuses. I just made the most incredible ramen treat. I've to describe the process, I'm so impressed.

1. Fold back half the lid on a big rectangle sized plastic bowl.

2. Remove all packets. Put in veggie pack. Cover veggie and noodles with hot water for 3 minutes.

3. After three minutes on the other side of the pack you open a little "drain tab." Pour the water out of the drain tab, which holds the noodles and veggies in place.

4. Add the other packets and stir.

Yummy.

See it's shit like this that made me support the Iraq war. 70 years ago Japan was as evil as there was on the planet, vying at the top with Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia. These people were CRAZY - worshiping an Emperor, willing to commit suicide attacks, invading and committing mass acts of torture on their neighbors. They vehemently hated the United States.

But now, they can make the most unbelievable ramen packs. The simple design is so elegant. And they are one of our greatest allies. They don't pose a threat to anyone. I mean - they're pretty fucking awesome. They make the goddamn Playstation and the Prius, man. And sushi.

I think to myself - if our relationship was so hopeless with Japan at one time - why can't our relationship with Iraq or Arabs in general be like that one day? These people are not stupid - 9/11 proved they are people capable of executing a simple and brilliant plan. Just instead of being destructive, why couldn't it be constructive - like the ramen pack. I think it's because of guys like Saddam controlling the Arab countries and making it one big sick funhouse of horrors. I thought, you get rid of him, and don't act like total asses, and in time, we'll see Arab ramen noodles and other cool inventions.

But I don't know. Especially now.

No comments: