Friday, June 13, 2008

Ray Allen

And by the way - how good is this guy playing? Jesus. I don't think I've ever seen a guy transform like him. He's a guy who's lost a step physically - for sure. But he's become a really smart, clutch player and an incredible defender. He is almost a great role player - but a lot better than just that. Not to mention, his jump shot is thing of beauty. There is some intrinsic value to witnessing a Ray Allen three when it doesn't even touch rim, it just hits the bottom of the net.

The guy has totally won me over. He disappears at times, I suppose, but don't all players? That layup last night? Are you kidding me? How old is that guy? Where did that come from? Shouldn't his legs be tired? He played all 48 minutes last night. The more I write this, the more I can't get over it. Remember the rebound he got in the 4th quarter over 3 Lakers?1? Ray Allen - a jump shooter. 9 rebounds in the most intense finals game of the series. 9 boards?1?

No comments: