Friday, June 13, 2008

Miracle

My instinct says the Lakers have little to no chance of winning at this point. Yesterday's lost will prove too debilitating. I'd pick the Celtics to win game 5 right now. And if the Lakers won game 5, I'd pick the Celtics to win game 6. Game 7 - anything can happen. But to me, the Celtics just look like a better team. Their defense is ferocious and all the Lakers - including Kobe - were affected. They were simply overwhelmed when the pace and fury of the game reached the high level it did yesterday. Meanwhile, the Celtics have lots of guys they can lean on. And you saw this yesterday: Eddie House hitting a big shot, KG hitting a big shot from down low on the post, Ray Allen driving and scoring, Paul Pierce - their most clutch guy. I wouldn't be afraid of giving Powe the ball or Perkins or Posey. These guys can't take over a game, but all of them can hit a shot. Only Pierce can "take over," a game, a trait that seems to me totally overrated in today's NBA. We're witnessing a good team beating a good player. It's a team sport people! What the hell did you expect?

No comments: