Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lost Energy

I'm more disappointed with Phoenix losing tonight than Obama.

The problem with Phoenix is the problem with Amare Stoudemire. The guy plays incredible sometimes, but you can almost always count on him to make several boneheaded plays down the stretch or get no-calls, or in the case of last year, a bad technical. I don't know why. He'll turn the ball over, he'll tap rather than grab a rebound and lose possession, he'll miss easy shots, he'll get mauled and the refs won't call a foul. He'll miss a free throw when making one makes it a one possession game. It happens a lot. But then again, he is capable of outplaying any power forward in the league and since Shaq came on, he averages nearly 30 a game. I wouldn't trade him for nearly anyone, and yet...in the clutch...I don't want him with the ball.

And yesterday, Tracy McGrady showed why he can't win playoff games. Down the stretch he's dishing off passes to Bobby Jackson and that Scalia dude when he's got fairly open shots. Gimme a break...Kobe chucks those shots, I don't understand why McGrady passes.

I still think Phoenix will win the series and I still think Obama will be the candidate, although both are wishful thinking.

No comments: