Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Conversation Between Al Pacino and His Agent about 88 Minutes

"Al...it's Rich. What's happening?"

"RICH!"

"Al, I got a project for ya."

"Oh yeah..."

"It's a thriller called 88 Minutes."

"Any good?"

"They're offering 8 mil up front and first dollar gross."

"Look Rich, I could do my version of Richard the Third in the park..."

"Al, we did the figures, we think you could clear 20 mil on this project."

No response.

"Al, you could own Richard the Third."

"I'm listening."

"You get to carry a gun."

"Go on."

"Wear a nice suit. Drive a Porsche."

"What's the plot?"

"Someone is trying to kill you and you have 88 minutes to live. Hence the title."

"RICH..."

"I know. You were Michael Corleone, Serpico...I know...but bear with... There's about six hot actresses, most no-name up and comers. You play your cards right, you could easily bang 2-3 during production. Easily. I could tap one of these girls."

"Up and comers?"

"And Leelee Sobieski."

"I'd hit that."

"Now that's what I'm talking about, Al!"

"Asian girls."

"Excuse me."

"I've just been back from the Orient, Rich and I've caught a bit of what they call the Yellow Fever...

"So you want to cast an Asian girl as one of the hot actresses. Hold on. Let me...write...that...down....one Asian..."

"Two Asian girls..."

"Two? Okay, I'll talk to Jon's Agent."

"Who?"

"Jon's Agent. Jon Avnet...the director."

"Isn't he a producer?"

"He's also a director. Did...uhhh...what's that Jessica Tandy...Fried Green Tomatoes."

"Fried Green Tomatoes."

"Yeah...I know."

"I liked that movie."

"Oh yeah, no, it's not bad...for what it was. He also said you could puff up your hair...you know how we talked about..."

"I'll want to have a goatee as well."

"Okay. I think that's reasonable."

"Dan Tana's for lunch everyday."

"No problem. Anything else?"

"Make sure there's a scene where I bang a hot girl in the movie...it makes it easier...on set, you know, rehearsal."

"Okay. Great. So you're in?"

"20 mil?"

"That's what we think."

"All right. I'm in."

"Great. I'll messenger you the script."

"Don't bother."

1 comment:

robyn said...

Coupled with the email from the CAA agent on Bobby DeNiro's career, looks like being brilliant in The Godfather is not good so for your integrity.