Friday, October 05, 2007

Politics as Inspiration or Problem Solving

http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9904609

Interesting economist article on Clinton. I am intrigued by the contrasting democrat constituencies between Clinton and Obama...where Obama does well with college grad outsiders and Clinton doe well with blue collar democrats and insiders.

Blue collar democrats tend to view politics as about problem solving rather than inspiration versus the Obama camp who wants to be inspired by a candidate. Interesting to me...because at one time I remember wanting to be inspired (like during college), but never really feeling that way about any candidate...and now, much more, I tend towards viewing politics a problem-solving exercise...

Perhaps that's why I don't get incredibly excited about Obama, because maybe I just am not that interested in being inspired by politics.

No comments: