Thursday, October 04, 2007

Favorite Breakfasts

A lot of my consuming habits have changed over the past couple years, slowly and steadily, some for better some for worse. I no longer exercise as much as I once did. I now drink coffee. I spend less money on going out to bars and clubs...but one of the inexplicable ones (to me, at least) is that breakfast is now my favorite meal. It always used to be my least favorite. In fact, I didn't even eat breakfast all that much during high school and college (and even when I worked in SF). But somehow in the past couple years, it became this thing for me. So, with that in mind, I feel like sharing my favorite breakfast foods:

Simple Breakfast

1. Everything bagel with cream cheese and tomato. YUM! I ordered a simple bagel with cream cheese from Casbah one day and they mistakenly put a tomato in it. So I just ate it. It's been my favorite simple breakfast ever since. Casbah makes it good as does Panera, near my new work.

2. Oatmeal. Started eating this at Netflix because they had it. Simple, healthy, filling. I don't love the taste, but on a cool day some oatmeal and coffee ain't bad.

3. Blueberry Muffin from Wild Oats. Simple, cheap, and surprisingly good.

4. Cheese Toast. An old classic, I don't make it much anymore, but cheddar cheese on sourdough toast.

5. Odwalla Puke Green drink. It looks gross, but tastes good and has tons of nutrients.

6. A white peach. I'm in a hurry, not that hungry, and wanting some type of fruit. Easy choice.

Sit down/Complex Breakfast

1. Eggs Benedict. Still the best.

2. Poached Eggs and Toast.

3. Breakfast Burrito with bacon.

4. Cheese Blintz

5. Bagel and Lox Platter (with capers)

No comments: