Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Place vs. Person

Been checking out places to move within a certain price range and there are two primary considerations - the place vs. the person. (I am basically looking at moving in with 1 roommate). Prior to searching, I hypothesized these two elements would be equal sized considerations. After looking at several places I realized something - place WAY outweighs the person. Certainly a bad person could veto a potentially great place, but it's pretty tough to find someone that retarded with a great place. And chances are, retarded people will have retarded places.

I liken it to an old argument I used to have with athletes about fitness being primarily about exercise or eating right. Many seemed to think they were equal considerations. I did not. To me, it was all about exercise and a little bit about diet.

No comments: