Friday, September 07, 2007

Test of My B-Ness Acumen

The word on the Hollywood street is that Yuma is going to underperform.

I've heard multiple people making similar predictions based upon early reviews, gut instinct, and experience.

Let me state it here as a test of my sensibility...I think they are wrong. I think it will do well. I think they've done a good, not over the top job of marketing the movie, I think the numbers will be decent this weekend...I think it'll be a good movie because the original source material is great, Mangold is competent, and the actors are good. In short, it'll get good word of mouth and be a success.

I haven't seen the movie or heard about whether it's good or not...it's just my instinct on the people involved and the previews...

Please note in the past I made a similar prediction about Zodiac, but only after I saw it. I was proven wrong...although I still think it might have a chance when it gets re-released after it's Oscar nomination.

No comments: