Monday, September 24, 2007

All Things Considered...

I wish I had been there.

At first, I was annoyed that Columbia would host Ahmadinejad...but the answer to these fools isn't to restrict their speech, but rather to rather to let them talk and make total fools of themselves. Then again, we tried that with Bin Laden pre-9/11 and it didn't seem to work.

In case you missed it, he tells an audience of college students that Iran doesn't have homosexuals like we do. It is a phenomenon that doesn't exist. Also, it is not a crime to be a woman. Gee...thanks for clearing that one up.

Post note: what I find a bit sad is that he gets disdainful laughter when talking about homosexuals, but had he talked about America's disruptive presence in the world, I'm guessing 25-50% would nod their head in secret agreement at an elite college. I hope people realize that without America and all her faults exercising power around the world, countries won't be run by good Samaritans, but rather different degrees of Ahmadinejad's... I suppose I can't prove that to be true, but it is my instinct and history seems to back me up.

No comments: