Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pacific Dining Car

My former roommate was in town and I owed him a steak dinner for all the movie shoots I inconvenienced him with at our apartment.

We opted for the Pacific Dining Car, an old steakhouse sort of near downtown. I read that it was James Ellroy and Curtis Hanson's favorite restuarant, the one where they sealed the deal to make L.A. Confidential and I needed no more convincing. It was, of course, great, and expensive, and exactly the kind of old style steakhouse I imagined.

One of the perks of the evening was sitting in a big booth in this big, quiet restuarant, and a really beautiful tall women walks by and I immediately recognize her as Renee Russo. I look at my former roommate and he says, "Was that...."

"Renee Russo."

We smile. The place is quiet, and she turns around and walks back past us, with a big knowing smile right at the both of us.

Hot. About 50 years old. Very skinny. Incredible shape. She also happened to be with a guy that looked like a 28 year old loser, who was up to her shoulders. She's gotta be six feet tall.

Anyhow, that was fairly neat. I think I also saw TJ Cloutier and this guy from Clear and Present Danger and Training Day.

No comments: