Thursday, September 29, 2005

Not Surprising In the Least Bit

At least to this blogger, that the insurgency in Iraq is increasingly falling into Zarqawi's hands. For the last year plus everyone has been saying that the main insurgency is former Baathists, Saddamists, etc. I believed in because I read it, but it didn't make sense to me. Saddam is in jail, he ain't getting out. I find it hard to believe these guys would continue to fight. Rumor was that one of Saddam's daughters was funding the insurgency from Syria. Perhaps.

But now the word on the street is that Zarqawi is the horse the insurgents are riding. The money is going to him, not the Baathists. To me, this has always made more sense, Al Queda has a much better track record fighting us, I don't see why anyone would invest in the Baathists, whose ass we continually kick. Plus, the Al Queda guys seem a hell of a lot tougher.

Long ago, I thought the driving force of insurgency was Zarqawi and Al Queda in Iraq. I changed my mind due to what I read. Now it appears things have come around.

No comments: