Saturday, July 23, 2005

Tyranny of the Audition

This is an article from a couple weeks ago, but it's a great piece on the problem with the audition. I am reminded of this now only because I'm making all these annoying phone calls to schedule an audition for a project and all I can think of is getting through to the people and getting them a copy of the sides and I could literally give a shit about whether they would fit for the project. Beyond that, I'm so damn cynical about actors and their interest - are they faking it just to get the part? Are they good auditioners and poor actors? How can I possibly weed through all this shit?

Clint never auditions - he just watches tape. I would love that. Auditions are useless and beyond that, a huge waste of time, if you ask me. But how else can we cast at our level?

No comments: