Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back

Whew. That was a long blogging break - I was ADing a friend's thesis project. Liked it more than I thought I would. The blogging hiatus is over and here is a super article about "Apologists Amongst Us," which outlines well what it means to be a terrorist apologist and how it differs from other ways of examining the London bombings. I imagine, that the British will have a lot of smart thoughts about of Al Queda and Islamic Fascism post the London bombings - perhaps even a more hearty and thoughtful discussion than after 9/11 in the US. Part of the reason for that, I imagine, is that London wasn't shocking in the way 9/11 was, and it was something we all had come to expect and now that it's happened, we already have a set of pre-programmed responses, some of which hold up under the event itself and others that feel extra hollow after the event.

No comments: