Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Saddam and Al Queda

I buy into the murky world theory - that yeah, we can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt Saddam was involved with 9/11, but we aren't in a courtroom trying to prove someone guilty. We are in the murky world of foreign affairs and war, where an enormous number of lives are at stake based upon hazy, unsubstantiateable (is this a word?) evidence. That being said, I've read about the connections between Saddam and Al Queda and my problem isn't that I dispute they exist, but rather, that there are connections between everything (ask Kevin Bacon). I'm sure CIA officials have come across Bin Laden as well, it doesn't mean they are culpuble for 9/11. This is a point that BOTH the right and left miss - the left thinks there is no connection and the right thinks that because there is a connection, that somehow makes any anti-Saddam actions justifiable.

No comments: