Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite

This was the perfect movie for me to watch this evening. I loved the main character, found him totally hilarious. The supporting guys and girls were for the most part good, but Napolean was awesome. "What the frick?" "Sa-weeet." He was just funny to look at, too.

I could apply the USC film analysis to the film, but don't care to. I bought in early and went along for the ride. The one confusing thing to me was that it felt like it took place in 1995 or so, but there was a small part with a cell phone and a sub-plot involving the internet...which I suppose was around at the time, but those two elements made me unsure when it was supposed to take place.

It ain't quite as good as Election, but it's in the ballpark, or at least the same league. Plus it's made by a guy younger than me - Jared Hess, whose about 25 now. Great first effort, young filmmaker.

No comments: