Thursday, March 30, 2017

NBA

The debate: is the NBA awesome or weak sauce today? The biggest proponent of the weakness argument is probably Charles Barkley, but I hear it all the time. Imagine what the Bad Boy Pistons would do to Curry? Today's NBA is weak because of the hand check rules. Now, normally, I'm sympathetic to the idea that the past is underrated and the present overrated, but on this one, I'm in the camp of the NBA is much better today than in the past. For one principal reason: the shooting. The shooting is SO much better today. The primary goal of basketball is to get the ball in the hoop. Yes, defensive is important. And in the old days, I thought rebounds were the most important technical aspect of the game. I just don't think that is true any longer. You ask what Curry would do to the Bad Boy Pistons? I say shoot over them.

No comments: