Monday, May 06, 2013

The Difference

Yikes.  The Warriors were clueless at the end of the game against San Antonio.  The Spurs, down 3 with 25 ticks left, go down the court and run some motion plays, generating movement and defensive switches and off ball picks and get a wide open 3 to tie the game.  The Warriors go down and run a point guard isolation play (for the 4th time in row) and unsurprisingly, get a terrible shot.  The last several possessions of the game, the Warriors did the same exact thing and only once was it successful. Now going to overtime.  Anyone who says the Spurs are boring doesn't know anything about basketball.

UPDATE:  One of the best fourth quarter-2OT games I've ever seen.

UPDATE 2:  Popovich on Ginobli "I went from trading him on the spot to wanting to cook him breakfast in the morning.  On the first shot, he said to me 'this is what I do.'  I don't know...I stopped coaching him a long time ago..."

No comments: