Thursday, May 02, 2013

Logging

Films:  Jerry Maguire and How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

When you think the state of filmmaking is bad, all you need to do is rent some random old movies once in awhile and you realize the majority of films were always bad.  Whoa is Jerry Maguire lame.  An interesting film to watch considering what Tom Cruise has become.  The guy seems like an alien in this movie.  Like a cardboard cut out of a person.  And I'm a fan of Cruise, mind you.  The sheer volume of good movies the guy has made over the years is nothing to be scoffed at.  But Jerry Maguire - despite so many memorable bits - is so unbelievably sappy and saccharine - I almost can't believe it was once considered a big, prestigious film.

I couldn't get through more than 45 minutes of How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days.  And I was trying.  This wasn't me being an asshole turning off a movie.  This was me checking where we were in the movie 4 times before turning it off - minute 20, minute 25, minute 35, minute 40, minute 45 and I realized the thing was going to be 2 hours and I just knew I couldn't take it.

No comments: