Friday, May 25, 2012

Logging

Film:  Horrible Bosses

Only watched the first act.  It should be called Horrible Movie.  The reason Jason Bateman still looks 26 years old is the effortless way he works.  The guy treats acting the way I treat throwing a baseball around on Sunday afternoons.  I bet he just memorizes lines the night before, shows up to set, does his thing, is out by 4 for his spin class, eats a nice dinner, and preps for the next day.  Probably watches LA sports teams on Tivo.  I can't imagine any of his takes are better or worse than any other.  Guy must have one of the best lives on the planet.  The guy is just going to play Michael Bluth the rest of the his life.  Goddamn, what an easy life.  I'm not really complimenting him or insulting him, but it is what it is.  I think he likes working, having a place to go.  I bet gets along with most of his co-workers.  Guy is never going to pull a hamstring - he reminds me of those old dudes who play soccer - who just stand around in center mid, collecting the ball and dishing it around.  They never make runs, don't play defense, just grab the ball when it is around them and make nice passes.

1 comment:

PWD said...

Spot on.