Monday, October 31, 2011

Cain

He says sexual harassment claim unbased.

I sort of think this will only enhance his image amongst his fans. It certainly doesn't make me think less of him. My issue with Cain is simple: the guy has never held political office. Crazy to elect someone like that - much as I may like him - to be President. It would be like when the Niners hired Mike Singletary to be their coach before ever head coaching a team at any level. And that was a disaster. The fact that people like discussing the guy and spend energy doing so only makes me take it all less seriously. American politics devolving into American Idol. There is always an element of that to it...but it used to be the parties would not put forward joke candidates...now...political parties don't even have any control. They need to follow the people who are popular to stay relevant.

No comments: