Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sneak Preview

As I lay to sleep last night, I thumbed through in-Demand. I couldn't help but select the Wire to see if any of the old episodes listed would capture my fancy. I notice Episode 51. 51? I highlight, it reads: Episode 1 of Season 5. Huh? Is this a mistake? Isn't the premiere tomorrow night?

I couldn't resist. The first episode was a bit slow, setting up all the chess pieces. It reminded me of the beginning of Season 2, actually. Anyone who follows the show will already know what's happening this season - the focus on the newspaper, mayor Carcetti, and the police investigation of Marlo.

I don't think it can be as strong as season 4, but who really cares?

On a related topic, a good essay should be written on the menacing nature of Marlo's crew. Particularly Snoop.

No comments: