Monday, January 07, 2008

McCain - Obama

Sullivan makes a nice point about how this race would bring out the best in America.

I'm a fan of Obama, but I agree more with McCain's positions on Iraq. Come Nov 2008, I don't know if Iraq how important Iraq will be...to me and to the country. As for the broader WOT, I don't think Bush has done a particularly great job. AQ still exists and Bin Laden, Mullah Omar, and Zawahri are still out there. Maybe I'm being unfair, but hey, I'm a hardass on this issue.

In short, I may end up voting for Obama in spite of his Iraq position, not because of it.

McCain-Obama would bring up a substantive debate on both sides about America's relationship with Iraq for the future. I imagine it would be a more civil and thoughtful discussion than the 2003 version where Republicans were assholes who couldn't tolerate disagreement and Democrats seemed to lose their mind and only focus on Bush as opposed to the issue.

No comments: