Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Free Advise to McCain

Should he win the Republican nomination, I think he ought to run the general election on a platform of honorable draw down (not to be confused with withdrawal) from Iraq. He should also run on a campaign pledge to be a one-term President (thus subverting age concerns).

McCain should say: I supported the war and the mission and still do. Unlike my competitors who supported the war and changed their minds when it because popular to do so (Clinton), or remained quiet when it counted and got loud when it was politically expedient (Obama), I was the primary advocate of the troop surge in Washington. When it finally gained traction, it worked. And it continues to work. My goal, in one four year term, is to help usher in a political bargain among the major factions in Iraq and to create a lasting security agreement where American troops will no longer be in harms way. This is the platform I'm running on and I'm the best candidate with the most national security experience and wisdom to see it through.

Although other issues may be more popular (the economy, heath care), none are more important to a lasting peace in the 21st century which will lead to more prosperity, more freedom, and more well being for America and the rest of the world.

Additionally, I will personally kick Osama Bin Laden's ass.

No comments: