Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blackmail

If the following is true regarding the Randy Moss allegation of physical abuse:

"In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner," Moss said. "All I know is a friend of mine, a young lady, had an accident where she hurt herself ... And they called my attorney, try to get 'X' amount of dollars out of me [Moss later said it was "six figures''], and if we don't get 'X' amount of dollars, we're going to go to the press before this game.''

This pattern of using the law to get attention and money and defame, from the Seinfeld plagiarism and defamation, to the Duke lacrosse case, is an awful trend our society allows by not punishing such false accusations enough.

Shouldn't these people be bankrupted after doing this?

No comments: