Friday, April 13, 2007

Imus, The Human Sacrifice to the Vultures

To be honest, before all this, I didn't even know who Don Imus was. Some old style shock jock. Who cares? It seemed like the first week all the guy did was apologize and apologize and everyone just ganged up on him, heaping their scorn and criticism. Yesterday, the guy had enough and shot back at a few people, including Harold Ford.

Any and all lame-ass pundits come out of the closet at events like this, using it as a forum to talk about pop culture decency and sensitivity, etc. Has it ever been demonstrated how a crass pop culture actually causes anyone harm?

In this case, everyone seems to agree Imus is not racist, just insensitive...but he needs to pay anyway.

If I'm ever in his position - mark my words - I make one apology and that's it. And then every vulture who tries to come in and make some cheap political or social profit from eating my carcass will get nothing but spiteful verbal vengence. Jesse Jackson. For chrissake, when is that guy just going to retire and stop embarrassing himself.

But for the record, I don't give two shits whether the guy gets fired or not. You're the boss, you don't like what the guy stands for anymore, you can fire him. That's life. What disturbs me is all the vultures who demand for his head like they should have any say over the issue whatsoever.

No comments: