Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Don't Understand Protocals of the Sea

According to this detailed account, the British ship was doing their job in legal waters. The Iranians somehow were able to take them without a fight. Isn't a British ship allowed to fight if another country tries to board them? Could a war have broken out then and there? I mean, isn't that how these things start? Shots get fired on Fort Sumter?

If Iran keeps doing these aggressive stupid things, there going to get it. I don't understand why they would want that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The most convincing explanation to me is that this is a way for the hardline Mullahs to retain their power over more moderate elements in the Iranian government. At least that's what I think after reading this, which I found convincing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/30/
opinion/30hastings.html