Thursday, March 12, 2020

Corona Virus Tests

Federal Government fucked up.
After problems arose with the C.D.C.’s test, officials could have switched to using successful tests that other countries were already using. But the officials refused to do so, essentially because it would have required changing bureaucratic procedures. 
Remember: these are the folks in the deep state.

On a personal level - and I don't think making these calls are necessarily easy - but on Monday I suggested my school more classes that would be "easy" to move online and I got several bureaucratic responses about why we could not.

We have build a work culture that rewards or conditions those who act meekly versus those who act boldly. This - I think - has always been the case (see the Union Army during the Civil War) and it takes crises to see the flaws in this design.

No comments: