Sunday, January 19, 2020

Logging

Film: One Eyed Jacks

Rewatch. Several things stood out story wise. 1) Takes what amounts to a simple tale of man being done wrong and seeking revenge and milks terrific emotional moments from the scenario. The example that stood out to me: the betrayal itself. Karl Malden does not intend to betray Marlon Brando, but when he drops a little gold and the rancher and son know he's a bank robber, he realizes his changes of survival have slimmed and thus decides to ditch his friend. 2) The patience and twists and turns toward the end of the film. I thought the pacing slowed down a bit too much for my taste, but it was all in service of again building emotional character moments.

TV: The Outsider

Richard Price crime drama. Count me in! I think the supernatural elements thus far are the least interesting parts...feels like we are heading for a resolution that feels like a cheat.

No comments: