Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Logging

Film: The Gambler, 2014 remake

I enjoyed the film, although I suspect it will not be terribly well received overall. I guess in some ways, I'm just a sucker for men-in-crisis films and will watch anything with cool one-liners, cars, and underground gambling dens. But let's put it this way -- I'd way rather watch this again than two other significant big budget indies of recent note: Birdman or Inherent Vice. And in some respects, I think I enjoy a movie like this a bit more than Nightcrawler, although Nightcrawler is a better movie.

The cons of the movie: characters like the jerk off sound of their own voices waaay too much. The movie rips the entire plot from the original The Gambler and then pusses out at the end with two significant changes.

Pros: Supporting cast is incredible.

No comments: