Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hacking Solutions

There's actually a super simple solution to the fear of hacking: de-digitalization.

The movie business could easily function without digitalizing the crown jewels. After all, it did for over 100 years.

I think we put too much faith into these IT folks. In my experience, the IT crowd always talks a bigger game than they can actually accomplish. What are the crown jewels for movie studios?

1. Contracts
2. Footage, rough cuts, and final cuts
3. Scripts

None of these things MUST be online. Let the hackers have the emails. Even the ID theft...I fail to see what exactly can be done with this information other than someone coming up with fake identities and making fake credit cards, etc.

I don't know about other businesses, but if I were the US Gov, I'd seriously think about housing design stuff for major weapons systems on PAPER in a secure location vs. letting it exist in cyberspace.

No comments: