Thursday, December 18, 2014

Did He Do It?

To me, this is the only interesting question of Serial. The legal questions, simply put, are not interesting. We all know the criminal justice system is deeply flawed. Just like we know, income inequality is getting worse, Islamic terrorism is a problem, Hollywood is producing shitty movies, public schools are lousy in poor areas, and we should all be saving more money for retirement. Big fucking whoop, is what I say. I'd like these things to be fixed, but like most people, one can only do so much. I'm personally working on the Hollywood producing shitty movies problem. I trust others are working on the others.

And the question of whether he did it is simple: is Jay lying?

The only detail I found interesting in the finale was Jay's coworker talking about the days after the murder when Jay was telling him basically what he told police, that Adnan did it and he helped bury the body. This is interesting, because he would've been saying this story BEFORE any police coaching. To me, this adds some credence to the story.

No comments: