Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Logging

TV:  Justified, ep 1-3, Season 3

The show isn't great and in some ways epitomizes how I think about TV drama.  I enjoy it nonetheless.  Walt Goggins makes the show...boy, can he deliver some great lines.  I do usually get a big laugh or two per episode.  Last night had an incredible line when Raylon has finally subdued this big dude who dreams of nothing more than managing cock fighters and can't stop talking about chickens.  Raylon is sick of hearing about it and threatens to shoot him with a bean bag bullet if he says one last think about chickens.  The guy can't help himself and goes "If you really think about, there's money to be made fighting these chickens"  (paraphrase) and Raylon shoots him.  I laughed out loud.

Other - Seinfeld reruns.  Great bit:

"Are you sure it was a date?"
"It was a date."
"How did you ask her out?"
"I said 'Do you want to go on a walk...or something...'"
"Well...a walk?..."
"Or something!  Jerry.  I said '...or something...'"
Beat.
"Yeah.  That's a date."

Seinfeld at its best.

No comments: