Sunday, November 04, 2012

Logging

Film:  Someone to Watch Over Me

I knew this person once who cited this movie as being their favorite of all time.  Strange choice.  Ridley Scott does this after Blade Runner and borrows his own "look" for the film.  Watching this movie is like being transported back to a different time.  That is a kind of way of saying it doesn't quite hold up.  Someone should do a study of male-female infidelity thrillers from like 1987-1992 because I think there is something interesting going on during this time period in American consciousness that has to do with the breakdown in the institution of marriage.  Off the top of my head, I'm thinking about this film, Fatal Attraction, Internal Affairs, Basic Instinct, and Final Analysis, although I'm sure there are a lot more.

No comments: