Sunday, February 12, 2012

Logging

TV: Luck

I'm picturing the scripts of episodes 2 & 3 of Luck without the "written by David Milch" on the front. I'm picturing a friend sending me to read them and saying "so what do you think?" I could see myself calling up the lunatic asylum and saying, "my friend has gone stark raving mad, he should be locked up immediately." I'm only partially kidding. I'll continue to watch the show, but it has the quality of a lunatic having penned the episodes - a person who is totally inside their own brain and we, as the audience, only are able to catch glimpses into the operational logic.

This may also prove that gambling is a tough subject to make into a good narrative. I can think of Bob the Gambler and little else.

1 comment:

andy v said...

nathan israel mother fucker!!