Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Yikes

Disgraced politician John Edwards is said to be deeply depressed, to the point of being suicidal, over the prospect of a criminal trial that could end with him being jailed if found guilty. The 57-year-old former Presidential candidate reportedly told a close friend: ‘I won’t go to jail. I’d kill myself first!’ He has lost 20lb in the last year and is a ‘broken spirit,’ according to sources. ‘In early March, his legal team told him there was a strong chance he could be indicted, and John completely lost it. ‘He cried his eyes out.’ The former North Carolina senator has been under federal grand jury investigation since April 2009 for alleged payments to take care of Miss Hunter, his mistress, in violation of campaign rules. Probes have been carried out by both the IRS and the FBI.


Poor bastard. To be fair, I said I'd kill myself before internet dating, but I think people understood this to be hyperbolic.

No comments: