Monday, April 18, 2011

Yikes!

Atlas Shrugged - the movie - ripped apart.

I wish I could report that the movie holds out the same kind of promise that the first Lord of the Rings movie did. Unfortunately, it's . . . how do I say this . . . an incoherent mess that put me less in mind of Peter Jackson than Tommy Wisseau. It was a huge mistake to watch it on a laptop; I spent the entire time fighting a nearly overpowering urge to check my email.


It seems this movie is on another level of bad - the level where you actually pity the movie as opposed to just not liking it. Many student films are like this.

On another note, there was a ridiculous preview of a film called DEEP GOLD they kept showing throughout the NBA playoffs. It looked as if some pirate tv station had suddenly taken hold of the airwaves - the movie looked like a bad straight to dvd movie with hot asian chicks and somehow it got previews during NBA playoffs. What? And a theater release? I was totally confused.

No comments: